For a one-off contribution of £700, the Shaare Zedek Permanent Yahrzeit programme provides an opportunity to remember those we have loved and lost.
This programme is quite unique and ensures Kaddish is said every year in perpetuity.
- During the first year of mourning, Kaddish is recited three times daily in Shaare Zedek’s synagogue, regularly attended by staff, patients and visitors
- An illuminated memorial plaque will be displayed on the Digital Yahrzeit Memorial Board in the synagogue for the entire 12-month period
- In all subsequent years, Kaddish is said every year on the Yahrzeit (date of death)
- A special memorial ‘bracha’ is recited on the nearest Shabbat
- He or she will be remembered during Yizkor prayers on Pesach, Shavuot, Yom Kippur and Shemini Atzeret
- Your digital memorial plaque will be displayed in the synagogue on the Yahrzeit (date of death)
- Your memorial plaque and light are erected in the synagogue a week before Yahrzeit and will burn until a few days afterwards
- Every year, you will receive a letter directly from the hospital reminding you of the Yahrzeit date
- Your loved one’s name will be entered into our Memorial Book as a permanent reminder of your generosity
To purchase a Permanent Yahrtzeit Programme please complete the details below